Bill Ayer- Lessons Learned and Simple Rules
Not sure what you take from this, but I would rather learn from someone else's mistakes, than to make my own. (After reading this list I have also learned some of these lessons the hard way). Bill Ayer currently is the CEO of Alaska Airlines and can afford to buy his wife a new Hermes bag every week, so he must be doing something right. Here is his list: Lessons Learned
• Get the right people on the bus.
• Create a sense of urgency.
• Work on only one or two big ideas at a time.
• What you measure gets done.
• Focus on what you can control over the long-term.
• Be totally and completely customer focused.
• Don’t confuse being popular with doing the right thing, at least in the short-term.
• Develop strategic partnerships.
• Don’t buy things you can’t afford.
• Don’t borrow money you can’t pay back.
• Don’t do deals you don’t understand.
• If it doesn’t seem right, it probably isn’t.