I just heard of the sweetest DYI shoe stretching technique, by using ziplock bags and your freezer.
1) Fill the plastic bag about a third to half way full.
2) Let out all the air of the bag making sure there is only water in the bag
3) Stuff the ziplock bag of water into problem area of shoe
4) Put the shoes in a plastic bag (because personally putting shoes in the freezer sounds unsanitary)
5) Freeze the shoe overnight
6) Let the ice thaw into water before you attempt remove the ziplock bags.
7) Repeat if necessary